Wednesday, December 21, 2016

"They did the Mash!" - 28 October 2016

This week was really a blast, and a change from Creative Dance. We learned and choreographed "The Monster Mash" for the school's Halloween performance, and in record time! The class split into groups and collectively choreographed the chorus of the song, and I taught them choreography for the verses. I was especially impressed by how quickly they learned--we got through the entire 3 minute dance in only 2 hours!
This was definitely a learning experience for me: this was the first time I had ever choreographed for a group of people rather than just for myself, as well as being the first time I had ever choreographed for a performance rather than just for a class. It was way fun, though, and everyone was happy with how it turned out.
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment